Data Science and Big Data Analytics
Data science research is driven by the massive amounts of data that can be collected and the opportunities and challenges of collecting and managing the data and drawing valid conclusions from it. Large scale data often contain huge numbers of variables and observations, which can invalidate traditional analysis and require advanced development. Faculty are engaged in a number of research areas motivated by big data applications including the following:
- Statistical inference and machine learning for high dimensional data
- Computational statistics
- Parallel computing in statistics
- Functional image analysis in medicine and neuroscience
- Climate modeling
- Network analysis
Faculty working in Data Science and Big Data Analytics
- The University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign has recently announced the selection of 11 projects, with budgets totaling nearly $15 million, as part of its Investment for Growth Program. These projects...
- Undergraduate students in the Department of Statistics presented research projects to peers, mentors, and general attendees at the Fall 2021 Undergraduate Research Experience in Statistics (URES)...
- Department of Statistics seeks Instructor, Lecturer, Teaching Track Professors, and Clinical Track ProfessorsThe Department of Statistics invites applications for instructors, lecturers, teaching track assistant/associate/full professors and clinical track assistant/associate/full professors. Some areas of...