Biostatistics and Quantitative Biology
Biological, medical, and health data present numerous challenges such as the prevalence of censored and missing observations, widespread use correlated longitudinal data structures, and large scale multiple testing for screening purposes, to name a few. Our faculty are advancing knowledge of biostatistics on multiple fronts including:
- Generalized survival and longitudinal analysis
- Functional image analysis in medicine and neuroscience
- Statistical approaches to integration of mass spectral and genomics data
- Clinical trials and survival analysis
- Statistical modeling in ecology
Faculty working in Biostatistics and Quantitative Biology
- Undergraduate students in the Department of Statistics presented research projects to peers, mentors, and general attendees at the Fall 2021 Undergraduate Research Experience in Statistics (URES)...
- Department of Statistics seeks Instructor, Lecturer, Teaching Track Professors, and Clinical Track ProfessorsThe Department of Statistics invites applications for instructors, lecturers, teaching track assistant/associate/full professors and clinical track assistant/associate/full professors. Some areas of...
- The Gies College of Business Office of Risk Management and Insurance Research (ORMIR) at the University of Illinois announced that they are awarding Statistics Professor and Department Chair, Dr. Bo...