After beginning in the College of Business and participating in a job shadow, I realized Finance and Accounting was not what I was interested in pursuing – I wanted to research and develop financial metrics and models, perform deep dive analysis to identify why certain trends were occ
- Shree graduated in May 2015 with a Bachelor of Science in Statistics and Economics with minors in Computer Science and Mathematics. Presently, he is working as a Product Lead 2 at Deloitte & Touche LLP out of their Chicago office.
- Sheila Gudehithlu is an Instructor in the Math and Statistics Department at Loyola University at Chicago. At Loyola, Sheila teaches Introduction to Statistics to students who are in non-math related majors. And Introduction to Biostatistics to Biology related majors.
- Jeffrey Liu is a 2013 PhD recipient from the Department of Statistics at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. He is currently a Data Scientist at Google working on search quality systems and analytics for the tech giant search engine.
- Tia Mark's first job out of college after graduating with her Bachelor's degree in Statistics in 2015 was for a consulting company, Mu Sigma, where she lived in India for six months and was able to travel all over As
- I'm a biostatistician at Sanofi. The best part of my job is working with talented colleagues and applying statistics to clinical trials for drug development. My advisor, Dr.
- Tereza developed an interest in statistics during her undergraduate studies in Cambridge, from where she graduated with a BA in the Mathematical Tripos in 1998, before moving on to the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign for graduate study.
- Liz Cleveland-Boshardy is currently a Senior Data Scientist working at Trunk Club, a Nordstrom Company, designed to help people build better wardrobes by working with personal stylists to find clothes that fit your lifestyle and bud
- Gang Chen is a 2012 PhD graduate currently working as a research orientated software development engineer for A9.com in Silicon Valley. A9 is an Amazon company located in Palo Alto, California that manages search and advertising technologies for Amazon and other clients.
- Huitian Jiao is currently a Data Scientist at Microsoft working on intelligent features for Office such as developing clustering/classification algorithms to generate relevant topics for end users in Python and Azure.
- I am a Product Manager for Yelp. My team and I focuses on the delivery and targeting capabilities of Yelps ad systems to ensure that proper ads are shown to the correct user.
- Studying statistics at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign provided me with the education and resources necessary to help jump-start my career in today's data-driven economy.
- Choosing Statistics graduate program at University of Illinois is one of the best decisions I have ever made. The combination of theoretical and practical courses, has equipped me with not only solid foundation on Statistics, but also hands-on experience solving real world problems.
- Chris Lalla received his Bachelor of Science and Master of Science Degree in Statistics from the University of Illinois in 2011 and 2012, respectively. He is currently a Data Scientist – Project Lead at Zurich North America, which is a Commercial Insurance Company with its’ headquart
- In the months leading up to the completion of my undergraduate degree in statistics from the University of Illinois, I was faced with a decision regarding my future.
- I came to the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign as a math major, but knew that being a researcher or teacher was not for me! I have always had a love for sports especially baseball (Go Cubs!) and as a kid starting keeping score of Cubs games whenever they were on TV.
- As an international student, I came to Champaign in the summer of 2012 for Master program in Statistics. Currently I am employed with Amazon as a data scientist, formerly with Zillow.
- I'm Lara Troszak, I graduated from the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign in Winter 2012. I now work as a statistician at the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Healthcare System.
- One of the most appealing aspects of statistics for me was the realization that I could apply analytics and statistical learnings to just about any area of interest—finance, insurance, health, or sports, to name a few.