The ASA Advisory Committee on Climate Change Policy and the Section on Statistics and the Environment sent four statisticians to the eighth annual Climate Science Day (CSD) on Capitol Hill at
I did two years post graduate scientist (post-doc) atInstitute for Mathematics Applied to Geosciences (IMAGe),National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR) in Boulder, CO before I moved to University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 2013, and now I am a Professor with Data Science Founder Professorial Scholar.
- Spatio-temporal modeling, Functional data, Spatial Extremes, Copula
- Bayesian hierarchical modeling
- Large-scale data in climatology, atmospheric and environmental science
- Public health studies including childhood cancer and human morbidity
Univariate and multivariate spatio-temporal modeling
Bayesian hierarchical modeling
Large data analysis in climatology, atmospheric and environmental science
Public health including childhood cancer and human morbidity
Time series data analysis
- PhD, Statistics, Texas A&M University, 2006
- M.S. in Statistics, Texas A&M University, May. 2004.
- M.S. in Ship and Ocean Engineering Fluid Mechanics, Shanghai Jiao Tong University.
- B.S. in Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University.
- Minor in Industrial Foreign Trade, Shanghai Jiao Tong University.