As COVID-19 ravages parts of the globe and threatens lives and economies, researchers from all disciplines race to understand the various impacts of the virus.
2019-Present: Associate Professor, Department of Statistics, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
2019-2020: Visiting Faculty, Institute for Data, Systems, and Society (IDSS), Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
2013-2019: Assistant Professor, Department of Statistics, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- High-dimensional and nonparametric statistics
- Time series analysis
- Machine learning and signal processing
- PhD, Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of British Columbia, 2013
Distinctions / Awards
- Simons Fellowship in Mathematics (2020-2021)
- Associate, Center for Advanced Study, UIUC (2020-2021)
- ICSA Outstanding Young Researcher Award (2019)
- NSF CAREER Award (2018)
- Arnold O. Beckman Award, University of Illinois (2018)