Typically there are 40+ internships that are made available to our students annually. Internships are based on availability and employer needs, so at no time is an internship a guarantee. However, the Department of Statistics will continue to work with students within our program to help obtain internships while developing the student's statistical knowledge to help further them along. Degree program advisors will be able to further assist you with the the process of obtaining available internships and registering for the appropriate internship course and credit hours.
International students on a F-1 visa who are seeking an internship must follow the guidelines outlined on the International Student and Scholar Services website to obtain their CPT status.
Available internships range from both on-campus and off-campus and can encompass a wide variety of specific fields or industries.
|Previous internship opportunities included:|
Students who are eligible to hold an internship who would like additional information on currently available internships should speak to the Professional Development Advisor, Darren Glosemeyer or browse the internship recent postings (must have a valid University of Illinois login through box.illinois.edu ).
In addition to department resources, students seeking an internship should also utilize the following resources:
- Handshake @ Illinois
- Career Center at Illinois
- Research Park Job Board
- American Statistical Association (ASA)
- Internships with Non-Profit Organizations
- Internships with Federal Government
- National Science Foundation Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU)
- SimplyHired statistics internship postings
- NHLBI Summer Institute for Training in Biostatistics
- Purdue Statistics Job Board Internships
- Internships in Recent Postings