Computer Applications Blg. Room 252
Champaign, IL 61820
Additional Campus Affiliations
Affiliated Faculty, Center for LatinAmerica and Caribbean Studies (CLACS)
Lelys did her PhD at Griffith University in Brisbane, Australia at the Division of Environmental Sciences. She was a professor at the graduate programs of Statistics at Simón Bolivar University, Caracas, Venezuela for more than 25 years. She was a member of the Science Steering Committee of the Biospherical Aspects of the Hydrological cycle project from the International Geosphere-Biosphere program (IGBP) and Lead author of the Millenium Ecosystem Assessment report. She has been a visiting professor at University of California in Santa Cruz, Escuela Superior Politécnica del Litoral (Guayaquil, Ecuador), Northern Illinois University and University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. She has now an appointment as a Clinical Associate Professor at the Department of Statistics at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- Vivas, E., Bravo de Guenni, L., Allende-Cid, H. and Salas, R. 2022. Deep lagged-wavelet for monthly rainfall forecasting in a Tropical Region. Stochastic Environmental Research and Risk Assessments. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00477-022-02323-x
- Rubio-Palis, Y., Bravo, L., Guzmán, H., Caura, S., Song, C., Wang, S., & Ybarra, L. M. P. (2021). Respuesta a atrayentes químicos y actividad horaria de Anopheles Meigen spp. (Diptera: Culicidae) en un área malárica del estado Bolívar, Venezuela. Boletin de Malariologia y Salud Ambiental, 61(2), 267-274. https://doi.org/10.52808/BMSA.7E5.612.016
- García, I., Huo, S., Prado, R., Bravo, L. 2020. Dynamic Bayesian temporal modeling and forecasting of short-term wind measurements. Renewable Energy,161:55-64, ISSN 0960-1481; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.renene.2020.05.182.
- Villalta,D., Bravo de Guenni, L. and Sajo-Castelli, A. 2020. Spatio-temporal modelling of hydro-meteorological derived risk using a Bayesian approach: a case study in Venezuela. Stochastic Environmental Research and Risk Assessment, 34:513-529. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00477-020-01783-3.
- E. Vivas, H. Allende-Cid, R. Salas and L. Bravo. 2019. Polynomial and Wavelet-Type Transfer Function Models to Improve Fisheries’ Landing Forecasting with Exogenous Variables. Entropy 2019, 21, 1082; doi:10.3390/e21111082.
- Gensini, V.A and Bravo de Guenni, L. 2019: Environmental covariate representation of Seasonal U.S. tornado frequency. Journal of the American Meteorological Society, 58: 1353:1367. DOI: 10.1175/JAMC-D-18-0305.1.