Naveen Naidu Narisetty
Fall 2016 – Assistant Professor of Statistics, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, IL.
2011–2016 Graduate Research/Teaching Assistant, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI.
2010–2011 Quantitative Analyst, Nomura Financial Services, Mumbai, India.
- High Dimensional Data
- Model Selection
- Bayesian Computation
- Functional Data
- Quantile-based Inference
- Censored Data
- Data Depth
I have a broad research interest in methodological, computational and theoretical research in Statistics motivated by substantial applications and interdisciplinary collaborations. Research directions include high dimensional data analysis, model selection, Bayesian computation, large-scale computational models, functional data, and quantile modeling.
- PhD, Statistics, University of Michigan, 2016
- M.A., Statistics, University of Michigan, 2012
- M.S., Statistics w/Distinction, Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata, 2010
- B.S., Statistics w/Honors, Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata, 2008
Distinctions / Awards
- ProQuest Distinguished Dissertation Award, University of Michigan, 2017
- Rackham Predoctoral Fellowship, University of Michigan, 2016
- Excellence in Teaching Award, University of Michigan, 2015
- Best Student Paper Award, Nonparametric Statistics Section, American Statistical Association, 2015
- Best Student Paper Award, Statistical Learning and Data Science Section, American Statistical Association, 2014
- Outstanding PhD Student Award, University of Michigan, 2012