Annie (Peiyong) Qu
2019 -Data Science Founder Professor, UIUC
2011 - Professor, Department of Statistics, UIUC
2015 - Affiliated Member of Institute for Genomic Biology, UIUC
2008 - 2011Associate Professor, UIUC, Department of Statistics
2004 - 2008Associate Professor, Oregon State University, Department of Statistics
2005 - 2006Visiting Associate Professor (sabbatical leave), Department of Biostatistics, University of Washington
2004 - 2005Visiting Associate Professor, Department of Biostatistics, MD Anderson Cancer Center, University of Texas
1999 - 2004Assistant Professor, Oregon State University, Department of Statistics
1999Assistant Staff, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology
- Machine Learning
- Medical Imaging
- Recommender Systems
- Natural Language Processing
- Network Data
- Personalized Medicine
- Longitudinal/Correlated Data Analysis
- Missing Data
- High-dimensional Data
- Model Selection
- Nonparametric Models
- PhD, Statistics, Pennsylvania State University, 1998
- M.A., Operations Research, University of Montana, 1992
- B.S., Computational Mathematics, Fudan University, 1990
Distinctions / Awards
- Brad and Karen Smith Professorial Scholar, College of LAS, UIUC, 2017-2020
- Elected Fellow, Institute of Mathematical Statistics (IMS), 2016
- Section Chair, Statistical Learning and Data Science of American Statistical Association, 2017
- Chair of Biometrics Section, ICSA, 2017
- Chang-Jiang Scholar at Yunnan University, awarded by Chinese Ministry of Education, 2016-2019.
- Overall program chair of 2015 Joint Statistical Meeting, Seattle, 2014-2015
- Arnold O. Beckman Research Award, Research Board, UIUC, 2011, 2014
- Elected fellow, American Statistical Association, 2010
- Among list of teachers ranked as excellent by their students, UIUC, Spring 2011, 2014, 2017
- Thomas T. Sugihara Young Faculty Research Award, College of Science, Oregon State University, 2005
- NSF CAREER Award, 2004-2009
- Associate Editor: Electronic Journal of Statistics, 2013-
- Associate Editor: Statistical Science, 2011-2013
- Associate Editor: JASA, 2008-
- Guest Co-Editor of Statistics and Its Interface （2014)： a special issue for IMS-China International Conference on Statistics and Probability, 2013
- Member of the Scientific Advisory Committee on Alternative Toxicological Methods (SACATM), NIEHS/NIH, 2006-2010
- ENAR Student Award, 1999
- Davey – Homeyer Fellowship Award, Eberly College of Science, The Pennsylvania State University, 1996
- Vollmer – Kleckner Scholarship Award, The Pennsylvania State University, 1995
- Principal Investigator: NSF, DMS 1613190, “Group-Specific Individualized Modeling and Recommender Systems for Large-Scale Complex Data.” 2016-2019.
- Principal Investigator: NSF, DMS1415308, “Collaborative Research: New Statistical Learning and Scalable Computing for Large Unstructured Data.” 2014-2017.
- Principal Investigator: NSF, DMS1308227, “Personalized classification, moment selection, and time-varying networks for large-scale longitudinal data.” 2013-2016.
- Principal Investigator: NSF, DMS 0906660, “Model selection and efficient learning for high dimensional clustered data.” 2009-2012.
- Principal Investigator: NSF, DMS 0348764, “CAREER: Semiparametric and nonparametric models for correlated data.” 2004-2009.
- Co-Principal Investigator (PI: John Fowler, Botany and Plant Pathology, Oregon State): EPA, “Indicators of fitness in the maize pollen transcriptome: A screen for correlation between gene expression and pollen competitve ability.” 2006-2008.
- Principal Investigator: NSF, DMS 0103513 “Semiparametric models for correlated data: The quadratic inference function approach.”2001-2004.
- Co-investigator (P.I.: W.C. Hayes): NIH, “Fall biomechanics and hip fracture risk.” 2002-2003.